Current Job Openings
Gray & Son offers competitive wages, excellent benefits, a safe working environment and the opportunity to grow your career with a stable and proud company.
We are now hiring for the following positions:
- Experienced Asphalt Laborers*
- Experienced Luteman*
- Experienced Equipment Operators*
- Experienced Asphalt Roller Operator*
- Experienced Paver Operator*
- Skilled Utility Labor
*Must have prior experience in asphalt paving.
Shop Mechanic for Trucks (Mack, Peterbilt, Sweepers)
Job Summary: Maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of construction vehicles.
- Ensures operation of vehicles, machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by scheduling and performance of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required. Trade school desirable. Minimum of five (5) years of direct experience working in a shop.
Certificates and/or Licenses:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record. CDL a plus.
- Must own and be able to effectively and safely use mechanic’s tools and equipment.
Please visit www.marylandpaving.com for current job openings with our sister company Maryland Paving, Inc.
Gray & Son, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants must pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check.
In person applications are accepted Mon – Fri, 8 am – 4 pm. Gray & Son, Inc. 430 W. Padonia Road, Timonium, MD. Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 410-771-4031. When submitting your resume please identify what position you are applying for.