Current Job Openings
Gray & Son offers competitive wages, excellent benefits, a safe working environment and the opportunity to grow your career with a stable and proud company.
We are now hiring for the following positions:
- Experienced Asphalt Laborers*
- Experienced Luteman*
- Experienced Equipment Operators*
- Experienced Asphalt Roller Operator*
- Experienced Paver Operator*
- Skilled Utility Labor
*Must have prior experience in asphalt paving.
Gray & Son, Inc. is looking to hire an Estimator experienced in heavy highway construction, earth work, utilities, and/or paving. Responsible for the accurate costing of jobs. Collaborate with Operations to ensure negotiated estimate, scope of work, terms/conditions/exclusions and clarifications to contract are upheld.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation of Estimates
- Coordinate with assistant estimators in the preparation of quantity takeoffs for use in preparing cost estimates; utilizing estimating software, assign the requisite labor, equipment, material, subcontractor cost and productions in order to formulate an accurate cost estimate to be incorporated into a contract proposal; create and submit a job specific contract proposal which summarizes the cost estimate and details the proposed scope of work as well as any specific terms, conditions, exclusions or clarifications; encourage and attend all pre-planning meetings; encourage and promote a safety conscious culture.
- Proposal Follow Up
- After submission of the contract proposal, engage the client in discussions to answer questions and gain feedback regarding scope and pricing relative to client’s budget or competing proposals; through these negotiations secure a commitment from the client to perform the proposed work based on the original estimate and the contract proposal.
- Contract Administration
- Negotiate terms and conditions of contract in order to arrive at mutually acceptable terms and conditions by which the work will be performed and paid for; maintain oversight during construction to ensure that the work is prosecuted in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract; responsible for maintaining accurate records of subsequent changes to the work including extra work and change orders; assist A/R department in collections; assist A/P department in processing payment of subcontractors and suppliers; coordinate with accounting department with respect to accurate cost accounting and forecasting.
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Bachelor degree in Construction Management or Engineering preferred. Five (5) to eight (8) years of estimating experience in the road construction field may be substituted for the education preference.
- Experience with Estimating software and blue print reading a must. Heavy math and science skills.
Please visit www.marylandpaving.com for current job openings with our sister company Maryland Paving, Inc.
Gray & Son, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants must pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check.
In person applications are accepted Mon – Fri, 8 am – 4 pm. Gray & Son, Inc. 430 W. Padonia Road, Timonium, MD. Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 410-771-4031. When submitting your resume please identify what position you are applying for.