Current Job Openings
Gray & Son offers competitive wages, excellent benefits, a safe working environment and the opportunity to grow your career with a stable and proud company.
We are now hiring for the following positions:
- Scraper Operator
- Tack Truck Driver
- Asphalt Roller Operator
- Back Hoe Operator
- Skilled Utility Labor
- Dump Truck Driver
- Paver Operator
Human Resources Assistant
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage unemployment process with employees and states.
- Benefits enrollment and input changes in vendor databases
- Assist in annual benefits Open Enrollment meetings, communications
- Set up annual benefits targets and weekly employee benefits rates/deductions in HRIS
- Benefits Compliance binder and notices
- Maintain HR, Benefit, Medical and Safety files
- Collection of benefits premiums and 401(k) loan payments during winter layoff
- Assist employees with benefit questions and claim problems
- Administer Short (STD)and Long Term (LTD) Disability and FMLA processes
- Determine STD benefits credits and adjust rates accordingly
- Administer life insurance claims.
- Manage employee death and illness communications and flowers/baskets
- Enter and verify data into Viewpoint HRIS/Payroll system
- Assist in Wellness program and activities
- Ensure data on Employee Portal is accurate and up to date
- Provide support to Training & Development function.
- High School diploma and 2 years related experience in HR function.
- Preferred credentials:
- Associates degree and 1 years related experience in HR
- Experience in a Construction environment
- Experience in administering FMLA, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability Plans
- Experience in administering Group and Voluntary Life Plans
- Experience in administering Group Health, Dental and Vision Plans
- Solid skills using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience using HR software to do data entry, archiving and report writing
The expected work week is 30 hours, however depending on work demands this is liable to change to 40 hours per week.
Please visit www.marylandpaving.com for current job openings with our sister company Maryland Paving, Inc.
Gray & Son, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants must pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check.
In person applications are accepted Mon – Fri, 8 am – 4 pm. Gray & Son, Inc. 430 W. Padonia Road, Timonium, MD. Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 410-771-4031. When submitting your resume please identify what position you are applying for.